Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default HVAC question

"Jim" nospam@wherever wrote in message
Hello,

we have kept the doors and windows closed and now have a high humidity
problem inside the home IE: fogged up windows (triple pane)...air
basically feels clammy...bought a humidistat and the house is sitting at
around 50% humidity....

In winter, I sometimes have to run a humidifier to get the humidity up to
50%.

Outside combustion air is quite common on high efficiency units but I'm not
sure it would lower the humidity level. Right now, the moist internal air
is being used and going out the stack and infiltration is replacing it with
the outside air. You may want to experiment a bit and crack a window open in
the room with the furnace and close it off from the rest of the house.