Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default what coffee maker won't I have to repurchase in a few years?

Jon Danniken wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
So... is there another brand of coffeemaker that wouldn't leave me
high and dry like this? Or should I just give up on the "thermal"
thing altogether and buy the cheapest regular coffeemaker with a
timer that I can find, so I don't have to worry about a specific
carafe?

Make it by hand. Boil water in a pot on the stove, remove pot from stove,
add coffee, and let it sit for a minute or two. Finally, pour it through a
filter cone into whatever receiving vessel holds your coffee before it goes
into your mug.

I use a quart-sized mason jar as my receiver, and one of those gold filters
in the cone. Makes an outstanding cup of coffee, far better than any coffee
maker.

Jon

Hi,
Boil what kind of water? I use multi-stage filtered/RO with UV light
water. Drink only a cup un the morning. Rest of all day I drink all kind
of tea.