Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default what coffee maker won't I have to repurchase in a few years?

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:07:04 -0400, willshak
wrote:

on 10/18/2009 1:33 PM (ET) wrote the following:
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 11:05:33 -0400, LouB wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote:

Couple years ago the girlie bought a new Mr. Coffee "thermal"
coffeemaker because she liked the eco-friendliness of not having a
heating element under the carafe, and also it had a timer so you could
set it up the night before.

Fast forward to recently - the lid of the carafe doesn't pour nicely
anymore. Would like to buy a new lid, or a new carafe if I had to.
Well, it's not available on Mr. Coffee's online store which is
apparently run by a third party. When I contacted them, they basically
said "if it ain't on the web site, we don't sell it" and suggested I
contact Mr. Coffee customer service. Which I did, something like four
days ago, with no response yet.

So... is there another brand of coffeemaker that wouldn't leave me high
and dry like this? Or should I just give up on the "thermal" thing
altogether and buy the cheapest regular coffeemaker with a timer that I
can find, so I don't have to worry about a specific carafe?

nate

Check out Walmart

Black and Decker (!) has a line of halfway decent automatic drip
coffee makers that, feature for feature, are about half the price of
the brands that are better known for this category.

B&D appliances are GEs

The prices are not the same, regardless of who may have made them.