Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default What's the deal with the heavily-advertized Dyson vacuum cleaners?

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:34:47 -0400, Sum Guy wrote:

Are the Dyson vacuum cleaners as good as they say they are?

Which? They make quite a few different models, and you don't say where you
are...

We had a DC05 at one point - the filters would block up quickly, part of
the hose assembly broke after a while (and they only wanted to sell me a
whole new hose assembly at great expense rather than just the fitting
that had broken), and the whole rotating brush part which was supposed
to run via the airflow was just a joke and next to useless (I'd end up
stripping the whole brush assembly apart at least a couple of times a
month, which gets old fast).

Never tried one of those Dysons with the ball, if that's what you're
talking about.