Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Zenith DTT-901 = FLAKY

On 10/17/2009 10:55 PM D Yuniskis spake thus:

William R. Walsh wrote:

[I wrote:]

The software seems pretty badly designed. Anyone else
noticed these problems?

Yes, but they are definitely caused by stations broadcasting
inaccurate time information. This messes up the program guide. If it
bothers you, I think the only real fix is to complain to the stations
that are broadcasting improper time data.

I suspect there is fault on both sides. I look at the
design of the user interface in most of the converter
boxes I evaluated and found they all seemed to have been
"designed on the back of a napkin". And, often seem like they
*assume* the broadcasts would be perfect, available 100%
of the time, etc.

Bingo. I think you just answered my questions there.