Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Central heating header tank - ground floor shut off to tank feed?

In article
,
wrote:
Ah. Don't think you mean a central heating header tank?

Sorry, feed and expansion tank. Header tank is so entrenched in me I
can't shake the term.

Header tank's ok provided you say it's for the hot water. One for the
central heating primary can often get away with the cold feed turned off
for much of the time.

As regards your extra stopcock, I have one in the kitchen which cuts off
the feed after the kitchen cold tap. So I can shut down the feed to
everything after that while still having water for drinking, etc.

--
*Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.