Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Rack screws - rack screws.jpg - rack screws 001.jpg

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 06:41:37 -0700, Fred Abse
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:14:14 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

If you can only get one screw in per side, the bottom of the front panel
(or near it) is indeed the correct place to put them. I've had several
arguments with those who can't understand why.

I'd have thought it was obvious why.

Even a dog knows enough about leverage not to push the hinge end of a door ;-)

---
Speaking of leverage, here's the way I got around lifting a particularly
heavy piece of equipment and holding it up against rack rails while
someone else screwed it down:

JF

Attached Thumbnails
Rack screws - rack screws.jpg-rack-screws-001-jpg