Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Anti-Perching spikes.

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Bob Minchin wrote:
Donwill wrote:
Does anybody know how effective these things a

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/41902/...kes-Pack-of-10

I'm hoping to deter pigeones from perching on the ridge of the
conservatory and sh......g on it.
Cheers
Don

When you see them used on buildings they look pretty effective but the
slightest gap and there is often a matching stain down the walls.
I used something similar but plastic on the ridge of our garden swing and
the seat is now sh*t free. It is called bird comb and available from
places that sell upvc cladding and roofline plastic products.

like this
http://www.pbs-limited.co.uk/Product...ller-Stop.aspx

bit cheaper too!

Bob

Just to add, the fingers are at about 110 degree to the fixing face so two
lengths in parallel make a V like strip similar to the screw fix picture.

Bob

Some houses across the road from me that face a park with a lake were
troubled with gulls. The metal spikes (Screwfix type) have worked well for
the last 3 of 4 years with no sign of falling off or deteriorating