Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default UK Usenet Committee

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:39:10 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote:

"Peter Parry" wrote

Wreck the system implies malicious intent. Do you really believe that?

I believe they are far more concerned about a petty vendetta than
anything else. They will either lose interest in a week or so or
continue their abrasive and abusive approach. Either will be to the
detriment of the uk hierarchy.

The common factor is they are all combat cyclists, three use a server,
chiark, run by one of them and all appear to be like minded "mates".
They have put themselves forward as candidates for the uk.Usenet
committee and will no doubt whip in herds of cyclists with no idea of
what is involved to support them.

I doubt that very much

I doubt if many others will find their efforts particularly
attractive.

If you could avoid treating cyclists as some alien species, that would be
appreciated. Even Steve Firth is a cyclist, though he denies it.

Cyclist do appear to be a sensitive bunch. I'm not treating cyclists
in general as anything. I am treating these particular individuals,
who happen to have a common interest in combative cycling rather than
Usenet, as nitwits on the basis purely of their behaviour in the past
months.