Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default A.C. motor grease

Larry Jaques wrote:
I shall look into getting an oiler like that. There's only a million
sheet metal screws to take out before getting to the motor.

When you have that housing off is a perfect time to make an access
panel, Wayne. Then it'll only be a couple screws to get inside. Run a
strip of door weatherstripping foam on the cover for an air seal.

Or cheat and install a small oiling line. I did that on one OLD motor.
It is installed in a VERY difficult spot. Used a section of oil pressure
gauge capillary line. Now I just add a couple of drops of turbine oil
every few months.

--
Steve W.