Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default what coffee maker won't I have to repurchase in a few years?

Nate Nagel wrote:
Couple years ago the girlie bought a new Mr. Coffee "thermal"
coffeemaker because she liked the eco-friendliness of not having a
heating element under the carafe, and also it had a timer so you could
set it up the night before.

Fast forward to recently - the lid of the carafe doesn't pour nicely
anymore. Would like to buy a new lid, or a new carafe if I had to.
Well, it's not available on Mr. Coffee's online store which is
apparently run by a third party. When I contacted them, they
basically said "if it ain't on the web site, we don't sell it" and
suggested I contact Mr. Coffee customer service. Which I did,
something like four days ago, with no response yet.

So... is there another brand of coffeemaker that wouldn't leave me
high and dry like this? Or should I just give up on the "thermal"
thing altogether and buy the cheapest regular coffeemaker with a
timer that I can find, so I don't have to worry about a specific
carafe?
nate

I use a kettle and a plastic cone that sits on top of a carafe (or a big
coffee cup). Takes me maybe thirty seconds to put a filter and two scoops
of coffee into the cone, and a few minutes more for the kettle to boil. No
moving parts, nothing to break or wear out. Buy decent beans and grind them
yourself every week or two and you'll have better tasting coffee than Mr.
Coffee ever dreamed of.