Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default what coffee maker won't I have to repurchase in a few years?

tmclone wrote:
On Oct 17, 7:17 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
Couple years ago the girlie bought a new Mr. Coffee "thermal"
coffeemaker because she liked the eco-friendliness of not having a
heating element under the carafe, and also it had a timer so you could
set it up the night before.

Fast forward to recently - the lid of the carafe doesn't pour nicely
anymore. Would like to buy a new lid, or a new carafe if I had to.
Well, it's not available on Mr. Coffee's online store which is
apparently run by a third party. When I contacted them, they basically
said "if it ain't on the web site, we don't sell it" and suggested I
contact Mr. Coffee customer service. Which I did, something like four
days ago, with no response yet.

So... is there another brand of coffeemaker that wouldn't leave me high
and dry like this? Or should I just give up on the "thermal" thing
altogether and buy the cheapest regular coffeemaker with a timer that I
can find, so I don't have to worry about a specific carafe?

Do the REALLY eco-friendly thing and forget the timer. Set it up the
night before, punch the button when you head into the shower, and then
TURN OFF the coffeemaker and pour the entire pot into a stainless
steel coffee warmer when you get out of the shower. The contents stay
hot all day, the container costs about $8 and lasts forever, and the
coffee tastes great all day because it's not being over heated for
hours.

That's what the one I have does, but automatically.

Unfortunately, the only way to pour out the coffee now is to unscrew the
lid from the carafe, which isn't really that big a deal, but annoying -
so I figured I'd buy a new lid. The result of that attempt (which I
figured would take a couple minutes of keyboard time) is this thread.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel