Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default what coffee maker won't I have to repurchase in a few years?

Nate Nagel wrote:

So... is there another brand of coffeemaker that wouldn't leave me
high and dry like this? Or should I just give up on the "thermal"
thing altogether and buy the cheapest regular coffeemaker with a
timer that I can find, so I don't have to worry about a specific
carafe?

Make it by hand. Boil water in a pot on the stove, remove pot from stove,
add coffee, and let it sit for a minute or two. Finally, pour it through a
filter cone into whatever receiving vessel holds your coffee before it goes
into your mug.

I use a quart-sized mason jar as my receiver, and one of those gold filters
in the cone. Makes an outstanding cup of coffee, far better than any coffee
maker.

Jon