Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Snake wire from wall to ceiling -- MY SOLUTION

On Oct 17, 4:41*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:07:52 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

They may become "comparatively" better as newer homes are "cheapened"
with the price relating more to "features" than "quality"

And what about the things that are so far behind the times that they
become a problem, and things that become dangerous? Electrical wiring
doesn't last forever, and neither does plumbing. Just because you
have that really stout looking STEEL pipe, it doesn't mean it isn't
rotted to **** inside, right? The insulation on the wiring can just
dry up and die, and then the first time it's disturbed it cracks and
you have a potential for a short or fire. Insulation, wasteful
boilers, etc., etc.

A house with lime plaster walls and solid wood framing, t&G subfloor,
etc will ALWAYS be a "better built" home than a house built with tin
studs, aspenite subfloor and roof decking, drywall walls, and paper
product sheating.

It might be that an old IS better than a particular house, but an
older house doesn't accelerate and become even more better unless you
do something to it, which makes it less old (at least for the work
done).

Not sure if you're purposefully misunderstanding what I'm saying, or
what, but that's all I have to say on that.