Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Lee B Lee B is offline

Default What's the deal with the heavily-advertized Dyson vacuum cleaners?

Sum Guy wrote:
Are the Dyson vacuum cleaners as good as they say they are?

Are they worthy of the tv-commercial air time? Or is this a case of "if
you advertize it, they will buy" ?

One of my relatives has a Dyson and is happy with it (or was a few years
ago the last time the subject came up). Said it was good for dog hair.

I have a lot of dog hair, but didn't want to part with that much money.
I bought a Bissell vacuum a few years ago on sale at Target. It's
theoretically designed for homes with pets, although I suspect that
might be an advertising gimmick. However it does a great job and pulls
out dirt and hair I never knew were there. They have a new one out now
that is "multi-cyclonic". I'd like that but only because it sounds more
high tech... no idea if it works any better. If I won the lottery, I
might try a Dyson, but for now I'm happy with the Bissell.