Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32280 Ignoramus32280 is offline

Default drill holes in tubing

On 2009-10-17, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:27:41 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I spent the day getting a used greenhouse home. I'm plumb wore out right
now. So, I'm a dreaming on the re-construction. I'll build it on skids so I
can drag it to new ground every year.

To do this, I'll need two runs of square tubing on each side. Fifty spots on
each side to drill a 1.9" hole for a total of 200 holes. Then weld a
vertical sleeve at each hole. The base on the sides will look just like a
ladder laying down.

Anyway, what would you use to drill 200 1.9" holes in 2-1/4 (if made) or
2-1/2 square tubing. I have a radial arm drill press. I know I'd go through
SEVERAL 1-7/8" regular hole saws. There must be a better option.

Karl

Plasma cutter and a simple template

That was my suggestion, as well.

Glad we agree.