Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default drill holes in tubing

On Oct 17, 9:27*pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I spent the day getting a used greenhouse home. I'm plumb wore out right
now. So, I'm a dreaming on the re-construction. I'll build it on skids so I
can drag it to new ground every year.

Karl

So what worked the best for pulling the conduit out of the ground?

I would cut the holes with a oxy/acet torch because that is what I
have. Make some sort of jig to guide the torch and also to guide a
drill to speed up starting the cut. A 1/4 inch hole or ever somewhat
smaller would be enough. Yeah you can piece with the torch, but it is
a lot nicer to start at an edge. It speeds up the heating as the heat
can not go in all directions.

Dan