Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Quicky Belt Change

Very same engine, 46 years ago, three fingers went around the top pulley,
with belt on. Working at a gas station at the time, fiddling with the
carburetor and not being careful. Right ring finger, second joint took
the brunt of the ordeal. Got away with it for decades, until 30 years
later it got arthritic. Now joint is about 20° out of alignment and does
not match the spacing of the piano keys. My other passion.

Ivan Vegvary

This gitten old s^&t aint's for pussies. I got a shoulder I dislocated
playing football in high school, four fingers that got caught in a dump
truck end gate chain at 21,an arm I broke skiing at 23, and a middle finger
that I mashed the p*$$ out of at 30. All these spots give me more trouble
now than when they happened.

Karl