Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default Quicky Belt Change

Don Foreman wrote:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:36:12 -0400, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

Winston wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message
hoiceonecommunications...

What a way to win a bet!

http://www.youtube.com/user/VOLKSWAGNUT

I think I'll keep my fingers and do it the old fashion way.

"Thanks Kelso, Rest In Peace."

Is it just me or does that line raise a question for you, too.

--Winston

Is it just me or did anyone else wonder about properly adjusting the
belt tension after the belt was changed?

Jeff

You didn't adjust belt tension after the belt was changed. Belt
tension was governed by shims in the two-piece generator pulley.

I'll try and remember that info, never having owned a Bug.

But, was it usual to not have to reset the number of shims in that pully
when replacing a well used belt with a new one?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)