Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave - Parkville, MD[_2_] Dave - Parkville, MD[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Leon

Thank you. I'll add that to my collection of ideas. Presently I am
fixated on a way to make the work bench mobile but stationary when in
use. I have a shop full of equipment that is all mobile and it takes
my wife to point out that each base is mobile and is stationary when
in use. That was way too simple of a solution.

Leon,

I don't know if you have it as one of your ideas, but I built the bench
from American Woodworker about 3 years back. It rides on 6 100 lb
(hidden) wheels. The bench gets "chocked" up on L shaped blocks when in
use so it will not move. Not very automatic or quick, but i don't move
it very often. I just wanted to be able to when the mood struck.

Pics he

http://lumberjocks.com/DustyDave/projects

I can dig up the issue # if you would like.