Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Drawing a circuit diagram

In uk.d-i-y, Clive George wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
.. .

People sometimes send me photographs embedded in a Word doc, because 'I
don't know how to send pictures but I know how to put them into a Word
document and I know how to send them.' It beats me. If they can send .docs
why can't they send .jpgs?

For screenshots, embedded into a word doc works quite well if you're not
competent enough to generate a png. Word compresses them enough to make them
not painful, and people can cope with "prt sc, then paste into a new word
document" if you want eg a picture of an error screen.

That must be some version of Word than I've never used. IME Word
*expands* images (as if jpg - bmp), and in the most recent version I've
used (2002) the tools that are supposed to compress them are well-hidden
and non-functional.

The other problem, for photos rather than screen shots, is that all the
tags (e.g. when taken) are lost.

--
Mike Barnes