Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Drawing a circuit diagram

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 08:28:38 +0100, Rod wrote:

Clive George wrote:

For screenshots, embedded into a word doc works quite well if you're not
competent enough to generate a png. Word compresses them enough to make them
not painful, and people can cope with "prt sc, then paste into a new word
document" if you want eg a picture of an error screen.

But doing so to Excel is better. I keep getting sent Word screenshots
that are awkward to view - as they are so scaled down to fit within the
margins. And this is getting worse as people generally have larger and
larger screens. (Is Alt+PrtSc too complicated? Most of the time it is a
window they need to report.) The odd person sends an Excel spreadsheet -
I can open the application full screen and see a reasonable screenshot
straight away.

And yes - the bundled picture tools are unbelievably awkward and slow.
I'd drop a copy of IrfanView on every PC...

I do that on every PC I build or work on. Takes about 20s to turn a 20MB
JPG in to 50kB of acceptable quality for a snap of somebody's little
cat/brat.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.