Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Ignoramus15879 Ignoramus15879 is offline

Default OT - Insurers dropping Chinese drywall policies

On 2009-10-17, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Steve Stone" wrote in message

Insurers dropping Chinese drywall policies
By BRIAN SKOLOFF, Associated Press Writer Brian Skoloff, Associated
Press Writer
Thu Oct 15, 2:10 pm ET

American Capitalism at its finest.
Buy the cheapest crap you can and charge the most you can for max profit.
Make sure it is not made in the USA where oversight and living wages
reduce your profit margin.

Don't just blame the businesses. They sell what people will buy. Just watch
your neighbors shop for the lowest possible price on appliances, cars, home
goods, etc. They will buy the China stuff to save $5 even if their mother
works for the US appliance maker and will get laid off from lack of sales.
. Why pay $129 for that color TV when I can get it for $119? I'm a smart
shopper, right?

It would appear that in this instance, home buyers

1) Had no clue that bad drywall could exist
2) Had no means to check what the builders installed
3) Were deceived by home builders, who likely knew everything but
chose not to inform buyers.