Posted to alt.home.repair
in2dadark in2dadark is offline

Default Repairing a garden hose - worth it?

On Oct 14, 9:22*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have an old old garden hose that is all rubber. *It does not kink, it's
pretty heavy. *The fittings on the ends are leaking and broken so they need
to be replaced.

The hose is not the typical 5/8" size. *It is 1/2". *I cannot use the
standard economy 5/8" hose menders. *Instead I need to get a metal 1/2" barb
to 1/2" MIP connector which cost like $5 a piece. *Then I need another
adapter to go from that to hose coupling - one male one female, and that's
another $5 a piece, and of course two hose clamps. *Altogether I would have
spent $24.00 on fittings to repair the hose, when I can get a new one for
$12.99 at the big box store and of course those are lighter but kinks easy.

What would you do?

MC

Don't they sell plastic fittings. I never paid that much for plastic.
I repair hoses and elec. cords all the time.