Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for Best LED Flashlight

"aemeijers" wrote in message

I've got a couple of the HF freebies so far, and plan to
monitor my ad
throwaways closely for some more of the coupons. They are
one notch
above junk, but for what I need them for (briefcase, both
cars, etc)
they are good enough.

CY: The HF "short lights" are reasonable for the sale price.
I actually like them.

Somewhere around here I have an old-style Mag
4-cell, but I haven't used it in ages.

CY: Please replace the batteries at your earliest
convenience. I just found another light of mine with a
corroded battery. So, that's in my mind at the moment. I've
heard Energizers are very good quality.

As long as there aren't oncoming
headlights or something, my dark vision is still pretty
good, so a dim
blue light is good enough for most of my needs.

CY: They may have changed LED, cause the HF light I got a
couple years ago really screamed out light. I was pleased.
Wonder if I still have that around.

In the road-trip car, I
carry a plug-in Brinkman Q-beam, which is basically an
aircraft landing
light. Haven't needed it in years, probably oughta make sure
it still
works.

CY: Should, if your lighter socket is powered.

There is a revolving magnet-mount light in the same bag with
it.
I don't go out at night much anymore....

CY: You're not missing much.