Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Roto Rooter ...or? and disposal model

Higgs Boson wrote:

3. Recommended 1/2 HP disposal models? He mentioned a brand I'm not
familiar with; sorry I didn't write down the name. Said it was just
as good as the name brands. He quote $220 installed. Reasonable?

Grateful for any advice on (1) snaking kitchen sink and (2) model of
disposal and price of installation.

Garbage disposals are pretty much commodity items - one's (mostly) as good
as another. Assuming he pays retail for the disposal at Home Depot (~$75), a
house call (~$75 just to drive the truck to your place), he's getting about
$35/hour for a two-hour job.

SEEMS reasonable.

Alternatively, if your hand fits a couple of wrenches and a hammer...