Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Roto Rooter ...or? and disposal model

Higgs Boson wrote:
Anybody have experience with them?

My plumber (eccentric guy) always proclaims he's trying to save me
money, which, in view of my circumstances sounds great.

But is he? Latest visit, to snake kitchen sink, cost $85. This is
Santa Monica CA -- not a cheap area.
I tried the Roto Rooter site, but no prices listed.

Would be grateful for:

1. Comparative experiences in this general area Whom did you use?
Satisfaction?

2. Price comparisons, also in this area.

3. Recommended 1/2 HP disposal models? He mentioned a brand I'm not
familiar with; sorry I didn't write down the name. Said it was just
as good as the name brands. He quote $220 installed. Reasonable?

Impossible to know if the disposal is a good price without knowing the
exact make and model, and a quick peek under the sink would help also.
Link to a photo?