Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Rub Brick

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:161020091321378871%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article
,
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

On Oct 15, 6:55 pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 15, 9:28 pm, "Bill" wrote:

As I
mentioned in an earlier post, a rub brick can be had for as little as
$9.99
and "will make you strong like bull!". My wife said one of her
relatives
used to use that expression too, so it wasn't just my friend, any
idea
where
it came from (probably from someplace in the early 80's)?

From anyone who lived in a country that had cows. The phrase has been
around forever.

The version I heard is said with a Russian accent: "Strong like bull,
smart like streetcar."

Here in western Canada, it's with a Ukrainian accent, and "Strong like
bull, smart like tractor."

You can say it even better after you've pushed the rub brick around for an
hour or so.... or the equivalent, of course! It should come from way down
deep. ; )