Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes Rick Hughes is offline

Default Air admittence valve - get away with 50mm?

"PeterC" wrote in message

On balance, I'd rather have HepVO, especially for low throughputs where a
trap might hold muck that putrifies.
Disadvantage: any object accidentally dropped in (earing, false tooth)
ain't gonna be there!

I agree if you drop anything down there - it's gone.

We have HepVo on 6 sinks & on 2 showers and 2 baths - not had a problem with
any.
Although once a year we pour some drain clearer down each one just to keep
them functioning correctly.

Only slight issue is on showers ... I would recommend that you use top
opening wastes .. the ones I have, the centre opens, and then you lift out a
black sieve that has trapped all the hair that ends up in waste.