Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Upcoming Rock Island Arsenal sale

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:37:45 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus15879
scrawled the following:

On 2009-10-16, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:57:00 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus5648
scrawled the following:

I will not go this year... Some fun marvels avaiolable for yer perusal

http://www.hilpipre.com/equipment_search.asp?aid=155

I wish there were auctions for large goodies like that around here.

There is a cute benchtop lathe hiding there.

I'm even more jealous now.

He, Ig. I read a nasty rumor in Newt's _Lessons Learned the Hard Way_
book today. It said that Cook County Illinoise schools teach in over
200 languages. Tell me it isn't so! Bilingual is expensive enough.

I am in Dupage county, not Cook, and never heard of this.

http://www.district130.org/programs.html

Looks like it discusses English and Spanish as languages for
instruction, and mentions other languages in a transitional program,
which I interpret as just helping them get started with English

I remember being ****ed off every time I got a California ballot with
the 28 different translations available. It's probably up to 60 now.
I doubt this was what he referred to, but I'll keep digging.

(ie, they do not teach math in Russian)

All together now: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook