Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laptop.

In article
,
Owain wrote:
I feel a fool. It's on a sticker on the back. ;-)

' Course it is. A sticker on the front, where you could read it while
typing it in, would be too sensible.

I spoke to soon. It won't accept it.

I then decided to register for the Win7 free update. Wouldn't accept the
machine serial number. Turned out I'd read an 0 as an O. On a sequence
that went like this:-

ABCDE0G12345678ABC12345 - the 0 being the offending character with no 0 in
the number to compare it with. So I read it as a O.

Then the website wouldn't recognise my postcode. Said it was incorrect. So
stored my address without it.

I've seen better websites written by a 5 year old. ;-)

--
*White with a hint of M42*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.