Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drawing a circuit diagram

Bill Wright wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Corel Draw s the best all round 2D package I have found - mixes maths
and pretties very well.

Didn't know it was still around. Was a reasonable alternative to Acorn
Draw many years ago. I'll have a look for it.

Oh my goodness, CorelDraw is fantastic. It takes a bit of learning to get
the best out of it, but it's full of tricks and shortcuts that make the job
easier. I've been using it since v2. Version 4 was good, 5, 6, and 7 were
bad, 8 was good but had some annoyances, I have no real experience of 9-11
having never loaded them on my own machines, 12 is the one I use now and
it's brilliant, definitely the best ever. I haven't used or seen later
versions.

What puts people off CorelDraw is that is isn't very intuitive. You have to
put a bit of effort in.

Gosh., Its a lot more intuitive than autocad..

Just for a laugh, I must tell you this. In the days of Win 3.0 I had
CorelDraw loaded but the only text programme was the crappy thing that came
with Windows. Since I had been forced by work to learn Corel I took to doing
all my text documents on it! It was really hopelessly bad for this, but it
was the best I had. I still have some mag article originals that I wrote in
CorelDraw. And yer tell that to the young people of today and they don't
believe you . . .

Bill