Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Laptop.

Owain gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Compatibility of Open Office and Word is not an issue. You can set up
Open Office to automatically open and convert any Word document and to
automatically save all output in Word format. I know of one local
council that does just that. They interact regularly with offices and
companies that use only Word and nobody is aware that this council is
saving the public a lot of money.

I send stuff to my local council in Open Doc format. They can't read it
in Word, so I send them a PDF as well, which they can print out and then
retype into Word.

Nobody is aware that this council is wasting a lot of public money.

And all because their IT people can't be bothered to google briefly -
http://www.windowsreference.com/ms-o...-odt-files-in-
microsoft-word-20072003/

Of course, there's no reason why they couldn't just cut'n'paste any text
they needed from your PDF...