Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laptop.

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:41:56 +0100, Howard Neil wrote:

Compatibility of Open Office and Word is not an issue. You can set up
Open Office to automatically open and convert any Word document and to
automatically save all output in Word format. I know of one local
council that does just that. They interact regularly with offices and
companies that use only Word and nobody is aware that this council is
saving the public a lot of money.

What you mean is no one's complianed that you are aware of, a bit
different either that or they are lucky then or not doing anything
other than plain text. B-)

I tried Open Office on Word Document produced by Word 2007 (I think,
but not saved in the .docx just .doc) and it fupped up the formating
summat rotten. Simple two page document with two columns a few images
and a table. Open Office had the table in the wrong place formated
with different column widths and text in some cells in a differnt
style and could I change those and make it stick could I F...

--
Cheers
Dave.