Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laptop.

In article ,
Bill wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Bought a laptop from PC World the other day - wanted it there and then
and the post is so slow these days. It's an Acer 5536. Nice enough
machine - but gawd I hate Vista.

Take it back immediately and replace it with a Vista Business machine
that comes with XP "downgrade" installation software. This should get
you a proper Vista with the vital bits eg a proper backup program in,
and at the moment you should be covered for free upgrade to Win 7.

I've already spent more than I wanted to. Not worried about backup - it
won't be used for anything important. But in any case I'll wait till I try
Win7. If the worst comes to the worst I can always load in my copy of XP.

All this ought to ensure that you will be able to get drivers for
whatever OS turns out to be least worst in future.

What on earth in these days of Open Office do you want Works for?

I do have Open Office - but was just curious.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.