Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Looking for Best LED Flashlight

Thank you all again for your comments. I have saved them all and will
study them before making my decision. I'm sorry I don't have the
energy to comment on each of them.
I do think Streamlights and Fenixes are in the category I am
looking for. A good review of the best lights is:
http://www.metaefficient.com/flashli...top-rated.html
I think I am prepared to pay $100 for a really good light, even though
that may be overkill, because they fascinate me with their power. A
couple have lumens in the 700 range!
I already have a light in the category of the Lowes light, by the
way.
I will look for your further recommendations and again thank you
all for taking the trouble to help me!
Frank

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:12:51 -0400, frank1492
wrote:

I may be looking for something more than many of you think. (Thanks so
much for your ideas.)
To clarify, this is the light that caught my attention:
http://www.rei.com/product/793941
Not really looking to spend quite that much, but this is in the
league, power-wise. I thought it would be good to use in an emergency
on my boat if I got caught in darkness. (Rare but could happen.)
Frank

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:57:02 -0400, frank1492
wrote:

Should have Li-Ion battery, with good life, and be rechargeable. Saw a
nice bike light, but would like this to be hand-held. Would prefer
flood to spot, high lumen.
Recos much appreciated. Thank you!
Frank