Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ? on grounding TV antenna

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:45:10 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

Was talking with someone the other day and mentioned that I had just
grounded the TV antenna (the mast, actually) to protect against lightning
strikes, and they said that was not such a good idea because lightning is
more likely to strike a path that goes straight to ground. Now I am not
sure what to do. Anyone have any input on this topic? Ideas are gratefully
received...

Thanks,

Dave

There are "lightning arrestors" made to be used between the antennae
and ground, but not sure about the mast (most are already grounded). I
suggest talking with your local firefighters for the safest
configuration.