Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Visible Address - Is this Old Fashioned?

Mike Clarke wrote:

This raises the interesting question of when is the best time to
phone a one man business. If I call his mobile during the day I'm
interrupting his work and if lots of people call him it can be
disruptive. On the other hand if I call his landline during the
evening I'm disturbing the time he has left for relaxation and
recreation (or paperwork). So when do the tradesman in this group
prefer to get their phone calls from people needing jobs doing?

I can tell you one thing, mobile phones are altitude sensitive. If I'm up a
ladder or lying under a sink, the bloody thing will always ring! You also
get 'days' where the piggin thing just keeps on ringing & ringing.

I'm very often away from the van & my diary so if busy, I'll let it divert
& call back later.

I tend to return those calls & the ones from the home answerphone whilst
SWMBO is preparing the evenings repast.

You do get people ringing the home number at odd times. 10:30pm for a non
urgent general enquiry, 8:00am on a Sunday ditto.

I have a different ring tone set up for friends, another for family, another
for suppliers.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk