Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Visible Address - Is this Old Fashioned?

Steve Walker wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:51:56 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Steve Walker wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:39:45 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

pete wrote:
SNIP

Well, I wouldn't expect a full postal address. Though the name of
the town would be nice - that way you can at least assure yourself
that the outfit
is local (so you can look it up in the yellow pages, etc.).

Hence the 'Medway' bit. I did come up with all sorts of clever
names, but ended up thinking it was important to have the local
connection as you say.

Although funnily enough there was a Medway Builders' van in Urmston,
Manchester, on Monday.

Bloody sat nav's :-)

There was a whole group of them today (have you been expanding?)

Only in girth :-)

I took another look and they've all got a local phonenumber on them,
so unless the owner's name is Medway, I don't know why they've chosen
it.

Must be a Mr Medway, there are a few about.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk