Mark Jerde

Default scroll saw vs. baby bandsaw?

Silvan wrote:

Back to scroll saws for a moment, let's just look at Lowe's.

My cheapie Delta is the only power tool habitually used by everyone in the
family. If others in your family have any interest in making sawdust, it
could be a good investment.

Unlike the bandsaw, I leave the scroll saw blade under tension. All SWMBO
has to do is turn it on and cut. If the blade breaks, that's my problem...

Also, it seems to me a scroll saw is relatively safe. Unlike the bandsaw, I
don't think too many people have left fingers laying on the table using a
scrollsaw.

-- Mark