Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Looking for Best LED Flashlight

On Oct 15, 9:12*am, frank1492 wrote:
I may be looking for something more than many of you think. (Thanks so
much for your ideas.)
* * To clarify, this is the light that caught my attention:http://www..rei.com/product/793941
* * Not really looking to spend quite that much, but this is in the
league, power-wise. I thought it would be good to use in an emergency
on my boat if I got caught in darkness. (Rare but could happen.)
* * Frank

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:57:02 -0400, frank1492
wrote:

Should have Li-Ion battery, with good life, and be rechargeable. Saw a
nice bike light, but would like this to be hand-held. Would prefer
flood to spot, high lumen.
* *Recos much appreciated. Thank you!
* * * * *Frank- Hide quoted text -

Battery use is quite less with Led, last winter I bought about 10
cheap and one good HD led flashlights, I keep them everywhere but only
have changed batteries in a few of them, For a boat and ocasional use
recharageables go dead in less than 1 year, alkalines can sit for 3-5
years and still work in Led lights, I would only want recharageable
lights if I used them at least weekly, Ive been the recharageable
light rout for 15 years, mine are usualy dead when I need them. Leds
fire on much less current then regular bulbs, even my super bright Led
bike light used daily still has the same batteries I got for it in
maybe June, try a 25$ 3w-100 lumen alkaline powered flashlight, you
will be suprised. Even the cheap .25 w lights are only about 1.25$
each at HD, I have them everywhere even my jackets.