Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Looking for Best LED Flashlight

ransley wrote:
On Oct 15, 6:54 am, George wrote:
frank1492 wrote:
Should have Li-Ion battery, with good life, and be rechargeable. Saw a
nice bike light, but would like this to be hand-held. Would prefer
flood to spot, high lumen.
Recos much appreciated. Thank you!
Frank

My do all light is a single cell with a CREE lamp. I wanted a small form
factor. I have a belt holster for it and also a velcro mount for the
bike. It gets used a lot and has excellent battery life because it has
variable intensity. The pattern is also really good for biking. The
lowest intensity is brighter than the full output of a big box quality
light.

http://www.fenixlight.com/flashlight/fenixp2d.htm

I like the variable output offered, but on output you are wrong, you
can easily find 100 lumen-3watt Cree Led lights at box stores, sure
they cost maybe 30$, but output more than Fenix.

The only lights I have ever seen in big box places are total junk.
Usually they seem to offer lights with multiple cheap LEDs etc.

The particular model I have has 175 lumen output on high and 100 lumen
on the third setting from the bottom so maybe you misread the specs.

The variable output is fantastic. You really get a very long battery
life because I find if I need to use it for long periods of time such as
biking I really don't need full intensity.