Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Repairing a garden hose - worth it?

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:27:05 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Spend a few $ on 1/2" hose ends, or replace it. The 1/2" ends are easily
available.

Don't forget that if this hose eventually bites the dust, you'll
already have fittings for your next hose, or other hoses.

I otoh, keep gettting hoses out of the trash. I have four or 5 total
now. I don't test them because I don't want to get them wet if I'm
going to store them, but they look okay. This year, one of the two
hoses I've been using for years has 3 leaks, sprayers. I left both
hoses out all winter but had thoroughly drained them. (I have them on
a hose real and I just cranked and went around and around and around
in one direction, long after water stopped coming out the end.)
Didn't bend them when it was cold. I think that one leaks and the
other doesn't means the leaking one was just old. It might have been
the hose the seller of the house left for me 26 years ago.