Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drawing a circuit diagram

Jules wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 07:42:40 -0700, jgharston wrote:

robgraham wrote:
What would be the simplest PC package to do this on ?

Pen & Paper

... then, to satisfy the PC requirement, scan it.

I've got a pad of 1/4" squared paper in the cupboard that's really handy
for quick diagrams (USians don't seem to do graph paper unfortunately, or
at least none of the places I've been into yet stock it)

I gave up circuit design after watching an old HP plotter draw in ten
minutes a circuit diagram that would have taken me week to draw in pen
and ink. I 'got into' computers then and never looked back too hard.

CAD leaning curves are steep, but the reults are worth it.

Corel Draw s the best all round 2D package I have found - mixes maths
and pretties very well.

3D Rhino seems to suit me, though others swear by solidworks.