Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default grass

On Oct 15, 7:00*am, "badgolferman"
wrote:
Can I spread grass seed now in the Mid-Atlantic area? *It's going to
rain for the next few days but the temperature will be in the 50s. *Is
it too late and too cold?

Dirt temperature needs to be a minimum or 50 or 55f to germinate seed
and depending on grass type that takes 5-14 days. Im not sure but I
think it needs to then also grow for a period of time to establish or
it would die rather than go dorment. Measure dirt temp and figure your
timeline. Im midwest and already had a frost here so I am to late,
but maybe your area will be warmer longer.