Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default RYOBI Expand It kit

On 15 Oct, 12:37, "Rick Hughes" wrote:

Andy ... can you go though a list of the nuts/screws that I should Loctite
in ... I'll do it before I use it.

I think the wire heatguard (2 screws) comes loose in the box and has
to be attached after purchase anyway.

There are a couple holding the exhaust manifold to the cylinder, which
require stripping the plastic cover to gain access.

To get to the cylinder you have to remove the crankcase end cover (4
screws) and the petrol tank (don't lose the rubbery locating plates),
but there's just room to leave the petrol hoses attached. You can now
get to the 4 screws which hold the cylinder on from beneath, the ones
that really need locking in place. These need a narrow, ideally angled
screwdriver (I used a hex-bit in a bendy-drive) with the obscure Torx
size. In the middle of a field, I've also used a flat-bladed penknife
and swearing.

Every Ryobi I've fiddled with appears different, but it's not rocket
science..