Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes Rick Hughes is offline

Default RYOBI Expand It kit

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 14 Oct, 16:40, "Rick Hughes" wrote:

The fix is fairly
simple, to strip stuff down and re-assemble with Loctite 243 on the
threads, but it's annoying that they couldn't have done this in the
factory. It's cleaner if you do it on a new machine, which also
avoids losing the screws. Funny intermediate size Torx on some of them
though, a #27 which isn't an easy size to find

Andy ... can you go though a list of the nuts/screws that I should Loctite
in ... I'll do it before I use it.

I found a place on line that sells Ryobi 30cc (D handle) plus any one
attachment - strimmer, hedge trimmer or pruner for £90 and incl P&P so
after the positive comments here - I'll go buy.