Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default CPVC vs Copper

Kerry L. wrote:
"HerHusband" wrote in message

My recommendation is to use metal valves and anchoring them to a
solid surface. You can then transition to whatever piping you prefer
to use.

After looking at the savings of using CPVC, I wouldn't be saving a
whole lot for my size project. Went out in the garage, seen I have
plenty of 3/4" copper pipe & enough fittings for my entire job. The
only thing is I have to buy is 3 valves.

Oh well, it was interesting finding out what everyone has to say about
CPVC. I did notice while looking at CPVC, the ID appears smaller than
copper, haven't looked that up. If so, I would probably lose some
pressure.

You can always go up a size.