Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Weather stripping with tab for slot

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:40:30 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Oct 14, 4:34*pm, "Bernie Hunt" wrote:
Thanks,

My backup plan is to fill the slot flush with the surface and then use
adheasive backed.

You can get the barbed bulb weatherstripping easily enough - keep
looking. It's superior to the self-stick stuff. It can be easily
removed and replaced when it comes time to repaint the door, and
that's a major bonus.

Second that. The slot has an intended purpose, don't fill it in.

A crew put in a 6K metal/glass arched front entry door. The "touch-up"
crew came back and filled the "slots" with Bondo. When helping a
friend go back and install weather stripping I had to laugh.

Then the other crew came back a cleaned all the Bondo out.

It's a vicious circle :-/