Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Weather stripping with tab for slot

"Bernie Hunt" wrote in message
I have a door that has weather stripping around the edge. The is a 1/8 to
1/4" ledge where the current molding resides. Frost King makes a number of
different stick on moldings that will adhear to this ledge. But the ledge
has a slot cut in it. So the old molding in cross section was "D" shaped,
with a protrusion that when down into this slot to hold it in place.

Does anyone know where to get replacement molding for this? I called Frost
King and they don't have a catalog on line and they won't send me on
unless I'm a dealer. There recommondation was to travel around to all the
Home Depots in the area to see if I could find anything, hahahaha. Are
there any other big names in weather stripping?

Thanks,
Bernie

A good reason not to buy anything from Frost King if thats the way they
treat people. WW